Cornell Cooperative Extension is very excited that you are considering an opportunity with our organization. We strive to ensure that all applicants are provided with the necessary resources to best position themselves for success in the hiring process.
All applications for employment with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orleans County and other county extension associations must be submitted through the Cornell University Employment system (see information at right). We do post
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orleans County provides equal program and opportunities. No person shall be denied employment on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or qualified disability.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orleans County has an opening for a full-time 4-H Youth Development Administrative Assistant for the Albion, NY office. Apply online at https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCECareerPage%20/job/New-York-State-Other/XMLNAME-4H-Youth-Development-Administrative-Assistant-Albion--NY_WDR-00011409 By 8/8/2017.
Provide secretarial/clerical/administrative support to the 4-H Youth Development program and general support of the Association. Responsibilities include diversified duties including: receiving and greeting customers and providing basic information on programs and events. Facilitate rental and use of the 4-H fairgrounds and education center. Maintain volunteer and 4-H enrollment database using spreadsheet applications and database management tools. Perform word processing and desktop publishing to create, edit, format, and produce brochures, reports, office forms, newsletters, directories, correspondence. Prepare various educational materials and coordinate event registration. Perform routine data collection and compilation.
• High School Diploma or equivalent education.
• Experience relevant to the role of the position.
• Proficiency with windows-based software including use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Excel.
• Ability to plan and organize personal work responsibilities according to priorities developed with immediate Supervisor.
• Ability to work with a high degree of integrity, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and assume responsibility with general guidelines and direction.
• Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and visual channels using traditional methods and educational tools, as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
• Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
• Ability to relate effectively to co-workers, advisors, community and professional leaders.
• Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
• Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
Last updated July 6, 2017